Thursday, March 13, 2008

News from the MTC #3

Hey everyone!

Things are going great here in the Monestary of Total Concentration! (MTC haha lol)

The day to day things are getting a bit monotonous now that im in the routine of things. I'm steadily learning more about the gospel and about ASL and things are chugging along great. The cabin fever is starting to set in a bit. we spend upward of 12 hours a day in the same room, in the same seats, looking at the same people..... ARG! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!

Florida seems so far away at this point as i still have 6 more weeks to go.... no wait... that means that 3 weeks have passed already? por que? I TAKE THAT BACK TIME IS PASSING TOO QUICKLY!!! arrg. I hate how time can be slower than molasses and faster than light all at the same time...

AND NOW FOR THE NEWS!!!! (doo doo dee doo doo doo dee deeeee!)

Leadership in the district changed around a bit. Our Zone Leaders leave for Romania this week so they got released and Elder Gold, or District Leader got promoted in his stead. My companion, Elder Grow, is now taking over as District Leader. Upshot of this is that I get to go and get mail and get your wonderful letters that much faster.... but wait.... i havent gotten any mail..... bummer..... *sob*

j/k I love you guys and I know everyone is busy.

and now for the weather.....

COLD!!!! FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!!!! ARG! VEGAS HAS TURNED ME INTO THE BIGGEST WEATHER WIMP! ARG! But it has gotten better of late and has warmed up enough to melt the snow.

Thanks for the shirts and garments mom and dad. they were needed. as of right now im bleaching the sweat marks out of the sleeves and collar of the 2 I already brought. white is the WORST color to keep clean....

By the way, Provo Temple food is AMAZING!!!! You simply have NOT lived unil you've tried the Belgian Waffles. It's probably the best part about P-day hands down!

The 6 pounds I've gained since I got here disagrees with me though...

but that enough about me. whats going on in the outside world? whos winning the elections? did anyone accomplish anything? Whats going on with Sarah and Zak? (sorry sarah, I need to know)

Thanks for all the support guys, I love you all and look forward everyday to mailtime and your LETTERS!!!!!! at least the days that they come anyway...

Reporting from the laundry room in the basement of 1M at the Prove MTC,

Elder Jared Tritsch

2 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Elder Tritsch, it sounds like you're doing well . . . and that you have a good attitude, which is the most important thing! I had a friend who also went to Florida on his mission (Ft. Lauderdale, Haitian-Creole speaking). Don't worry, you'll be out of the cold soon enough. Snow will be but a distant memory.

Keep up the good work and know that there are many prayers said on your behalf.

Respectfully,
Rebecca Jones

Anonymous said...

Hey Elder Tritsch,
I do believe I sent you letter, which was sent out on March 7, it should have arrived to you by now. I have not forgotten about you, I received your first letter on March 6. That is the thing with snail mail, it isn't like email, it takes awhile to get to point A to point B. My family and I are keeping you in our prayers and glad to hear everything is going well. Regarding the weather, once you get use to the cold, you will be sent out and have to contend with the humidity. Keep smiling!

Yours Truly,
Kim Kurzinger