Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Being Transferred -- Again

Hello everyone.

I'm getting transferred again, but get this. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE!!! The new missioni president redesigned transfers to be a little different. Where before, when we got tranfer information, we knew where we were going, who our new campanion was going to be, and even when and how to get there. Now, everyone in the entire mission goes to one chapel near the mission office and swaps around all at once... Which sucks if you are WAAAY down south and find out you only are moving one area over. I will send you my new address as soon as I have it.

Karen's baptism was posponed to guess what.... THIS COMING SUNDAY! arg... I'm going to miss it.... and she even asked me to perform the baptism too! arg... I'm getting pictures with her today though so you can see who she is.

I'm still counting her as a baptism because we found her, we taught her, we committed her, and she is going to be baptized. Therefore, I think I can call that one mine. :) Not that im keeping score or anything.... :)

Other than that, really everything is going fine. I got a couple new shirts. Thanks.

Thanks everyone and I love you so much!

Love,

Jared

1 comment:

roc of the island said...

I had a professor who recalled hearing someone (I think it was Dallin H. Oaks) address the missionaries in the LTM (in the 70s, before the MTC). The speaker said that to find true diversity and variety, don't look to the worldly sources, rather look to the faithful members of the Church. My professor immediately dismissed the comment, given to about the most uniform looking group of young men you could get. But the speaker immediately provided evidence. He said that if you didn't believe him, just wait until your mission president changes. You'll wonder if they came from the same planet as your old president. This was exactly the experience my professor had had during his mission, and humbly admitted that he had been wrong.

The policies introduced by your new mission president brought that story to mind.

-Russel Carlson